Monday, August 2, 2010

Children's Hospital of Michigan - by Kristy


For one of my classes in the fall, I need to do 60 hours of volunteer work. Being in a sorority, Phi Sigma Sigma, I have already had the privilege of doing lots of different work in the community. One area of service that I haven't done yet, that means so much to me, is working directly with kids in need. That's why I instantly filled out an application to volunteer at the Children's Hospital of Michigan. I had an interview this past weekend and I have my orientation in less than two weeks. I feel so blessed and anxious to start my first shift at the hospital. These kids are so brave despite what they go through in life and they inspire me immensely so I can't wait to help and be there for them as much as I can. I feel like this is going to be an amazing learning experience for myself and I can't wait to share any inspiring revelations that I have along the way with you.

Speaking of the Children's Hospital, this Wednesday August 4th at Comerica Park is "Children's Health Night" through the hospital and proceeds benefit the social work department. So if you have been wanting to see a Tigers game, this is an excellent night to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment