Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Give Thanks - by Kristy

The holidays are fast approaching, with Thanksgiving tomorrow, it's a great opportunity to reflect on all that you are thankful for. Whether it's big things or little things, they all matter. Spend time with your loved ones this weekend and make sure they know how lucky you feel to have them in your life.

I've always had a heavy heart around the holidays and love spending time with my family. But this past semester has changed my perspective on the meaning of thankful. Ever since volunteering at the Children's Hospital in August, I've seen how blessed I am to have my health and for my friends and family to have theirs. I feel inspired by these kids and their families because now is an especially hard time if you or someone you love is in the hospital. But strength will prevail in times of need. I feel comforted to know, at a place like Children's, no patient is alone. They have family support and staff support to help get them through the holidays with a smile on their faces.

So whether you are looking at the big picture or small picture this year, it's all important when it comes to being thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment