Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Caring in Children - by Kristy

Today browsing inspiration stories on Values.Com, I came across one that I really liked and I wanted to share.

Title: My Son's Spirit
We often do not realize how monumental the briefest moments in our children's lives truly are and how much they reveal about their true character. I am sharing this story in honor of my 7 year old son who is so often my guiding light. I received the following email message from the mother of a child at my son's elementary school. "Today, when my son and I went to pick up my daughter at school, my son was upset about something (probably the change in routine). He was crying and screaming. Your son came over, sat next to us, and tried to console him. It was one of the most wonderful things I was able to witness. My son is autistic so we always worry about how he will be treated by his peers. Your son made my day. My daughter also shared the story of how your son helped her by being her crutch when she hurt her knee. Thanks for raising such a great kid!" As a mother, I can only pray that these moments of caring continue to accumulate and make him a compassionate man throughout his life.


Story submitted by: Donna


See more great stories just like this one on Values.com under the "your stories" tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment