Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Design a logo, win $500 - by Monica

Every other week, my dad delivers meals to older adults who are in need and may not be able to cook for themselves or have the ability to leave their homes to get food. Every summer since I was eight, I would help my dad deliver the food, and I met many honorary grandparents.

I’m sure many of you have heard of Meals on Wheels, and I think it’s a great program. Some of the people I delivered to never had any visitors. Yet, when they saw my dad and me, their faces would light up. One woman would give me teddy bears from her home, wrap me in a hug whenever she saw me and always call me her friend.

Now, Meals on Wheels needs our help.

Every company needs a logo – something that everyone visualizes when they think of them. For McDonald’s, it’s the yellow arches. For K-Mart, it’s the big red K. For Apple, it’s obviously an apple. For Nike, it’s the swosh. Now Meals on Wheels need a logo that people will always identify with Meals on Wheels.

And they want the public to design this logo.

Bonus: whoever designs the winning logo will receive a $500 check.

This contest ends at 5 p.m. on Fri. Jan. 14, 2011 and is open to Michigan residents.

The submitted entry must be original.

To enter, complete and submit the official online entry form at www.aaa1b.org under News & Events along with your .jpeg or .pdf image (no larger than 2MB) to mealsonwheelslogocontest@aaa1b.com. The e-mail subject needs to be “Meals on Wheels Logo Contest”. Or you can mail the submission form with the design to Meals on Wheels Logo Contest, Area Agency on Aging 1-B, 29100 Northwestern Highway, Suite 400, Southfield MI 48034.

No comments:

Post a Comment