Friday, September 17, 2010

A new window of opportunity - by Monica

I know that following your dreams is a common subject I talk about. But after a horrible week (which I know isn't happy news), I came across this article in the Oakland Press by Catherine Galasso, who's syndicated columns are published worldwide. And it really helped me to keep my head up despite the bad news it felt like I kept getting dished this week.

I know that when you're going through tough times, the last thing you want to hear is, "Sometimes bad things happen so better things can fall into place." "But it hurts NOW," you think. The last think you care about is that, in the future, it will get better.

But I learned this week that if you keep wallowing in it, it is less likely that things will get any better any time soon. That's what inspired me by Galassso's article. When you want something, you need to WORK at it. You can just sit back and feel sorry for yourself because you aren't getting what you wanted.

Galasso wrote, Yesterday, I received an email from a reader who lost a job that she really loved and feared she would never find anything quite as good. Rather than focusing on uncertainties, she looked ahead and began to see in her mind’s eye new possibilities for her future and pursued them. “A few months later,” she wrote, “I found another job right around the corner from home, with the same exact hours as before, and the salary was even better.”

No comments:

Post a Comment