Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hugh Jackman - by Monica

image credit slashfilm.com

I know, I know I'm a day late in my posting...and this is the first time since October when Miss Inspire began that I missed a day. But yesterday I was an extra in a Hugh Jackman film (and will more than likely be featured because the camera pointed towards me several times haha and I was upgraded to really good placement). I left for Detroit at 9 a.m. and didn't get home until 1:30 this morning. It was a 15 hour day of working, but it was a really great experience. I'm not allowed to give out any information about the scene or the place we were working on the movie, but I wanted to write a blog entry about it though. I learned a lot about what goes behind the scenes in a movie...and how many takes they do to just shot about 3 minutes of the movie. I'm really glad that the film industry is starting to make movies right here in Michigan -- to put the Detroit area in a better light than we have previously been and also to give people more jobs here. Many people working on the movie are from Michigan (like the hair dressers who worked on mine and my friend's hair and the make-up artists). It also gives more reason for people to come to Michigan, which really wasn't a touristy state before. I think the film business making movies in Michigan will help out our economy.

Read more about the movie "Real Steel."

3 comments:

  1. Yes it is wonderful what the movie industry has brought to Michigan!
    I worked on "Hung" last April and "Salvation Blvd" (never having done this before). My husband is also working on "Real Steel" 5 days this month and possibly 13 days in Aug (he worked on it 2 days last week and now 3 days the week coming up).
    Being an "extra" is fun isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it is fun! I've never done it before either. My friend and I are doing it together--and we got our hair and make-up done and everything haha. I wonder if your husband was there when I was! And that's so cool that you worked on two movies! Do you know when they come out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is why lv handbags enjoy good reputation in the society. Many mothers-to-be would choose lv wallets as their first gift to their babies. As far as we all know, louis vuitton pursesis famous for its stylish design and top quality.

    ReplyDelete