Monday, May 3, 2010

"Happy" -by Kristy

I have always prided myself on being easily amused. The smallest things can absolutely make my day. But lately, I have been struggling with what makes me happy. Something I have learned is that the best kind of happiness is the one you create on your own. The easier you can amuse yourself and make yourself happy, the better off you are. Depending on things out of your control is a helpless feeling. Depending too much on others for happiness is foolish because if they leave, you're left without.
One of the most helpless feelings I seem to be stuck with is due to measuring my happiness on things that are out of my control. I was dating a guy at the beginning of the year who made me the happiest I have ever felt. I let myself get comfortable and used to it. But then when he changed his mind and went in a different direction, what did that leave me with? Besides a bruised ego, it left me with the feeling that I was never going to find that level of happiness again. Which is why allowing your happiness to be depend on another, like I did, is a mistake. I am not saying never let other people make you happy, but use caution. Realize there is a line and be careful not to cross it and end up losing sight on all the other things that make you happy.
It's taken me probably 4 months to get myself back on track and to focus on the good. Take a moment to really think about the little -sometimes unoticed- things that make you happy. Make a list and appreciate them. Try to surround yourself with those things. It can work miracles for your moral and mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment