Friday, March 18, 2011

Trip of a lifetime - by Monica



Last week was probably one of the most amazing weeks of my life -- a week that will forever change me.

I went to Haiti. I visited orphanages, an elderly home and tent cities, and I passed out supplies and helped with medical work.

And it was unbelievable to me how grateful the people were for even the smallest act of kindness.

Here in America, we've learned not to trust others. In Haiti, the children will grab the hand of a stranger without much thought and hug you over a fruit snack or a silly band.

When I went to the home for the elderly, one of the women kissed the palm of my hand, curled my hand around it, and put my hand to my heart. Even though we couldn't speak the same language, I knew what she meant. She wanted me to keep her with me in my heart.

To read more about my mission trip to Haiti visit The Daily Tribune.

No comments:

Post a Comment