Friday, February 25, 2011

Little girl knows more about independence than many adults do - by Monica



My niece Ashley posted this video to her Facebook page, and I had to post it on my happy news. I have met many women in my life who don't feel strong enough to live without a man, who feel like they are nothing without someone.

But this little girl knows more than many adults do -- that you need to focus on yourself before you settle down. I once dated someone who wanted to marry me -- for me to be a stay-at-home mom and always be barefoot and pregnant. If someone wants to be a stay-at-home mom, that's great! But that's just not me, and I was made to feel guilty for waiting a career first. But we've come a long way since those times when women were not equal to men. And now, we can do whatever the heck we want to. And this girl, at a young age, already knows this.

No comments:

Post a Comment