Saturday, February 5, 2011

James Franco - by Monica


Read original article at Movie Line.
Image credit: Ask Men.

I figured this would be a good blog post since Kristy and I have the communal hots for actor James Franco.

Franco is joining forces with Columbia College Hollywood to create a course based on his life...a class which may just make Kristy and I go back to college even though we already graduated.

Franco, who just received an Oscar nomination for his movie 127 Days Later, would speak to students weekly via Skype and would attend class when his schedule allows. In the course titled “Master Class: Editing James Franco…with James Franco," students would be editing footage to make a documentary about Franco's unorthodox road to fame.

To me, I feel like for any career path we may choose, the most lessons learned are from people who have already traveled the road we are traveling now. Some people may say Franco is cocky for creating a class about himself. But I couldn't even name all of the people who go out on the road, making presentations about their lives so others can learn from it. What's the difference?

Our lives are a series of choices, a series of mistakes and a series of accomplishments. We could sit and dwell on our mistakes, and we could sit and hoard all of all accomplishments. But I feel like we were meant to share our experiences to teach others. When I went through one of the worst times of my life, I moped and moped. And then I thought to myself, "How can I use this to help others?"

So I made a group to help others who had undergone broken hearts realize that this wasn't something that happened because they deserved it. I founded this group based on experiences in my life, and almost 400 people joined.

When you can take what has happened to you and help others, you realize more why things happened the way they did. Everything has a purpose...it's up to us to find out what it is. For Franco, he was meant to help others reach success as well, instead of hoarding all the success for himself.

1 comment: