Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"Lend a Hand" - by Kristy


Volunteering is such a great way to help out your community and meet new people. It is rewarding on so many different levels. There are countless types of volunteer work you can do.

One great link to find opportunities near you is: http://www.1-800-volunteer.org/
Another link is: http://www.volunteermatch.org/

A class that I am taking in the fall is centered around community service and volunteer work. I am faced with the decision to choose what I want to do. I have 3 top choices for places I would love to spend time volunteering. While I am only going to be able to work with one place for my class, I already know I am going to continue with volunteer work afterwards and be able to help in all the ways I want.
Volunteering is a simple and fun opportunity to grow and help others in the process. Grab a friend and lend a hand to someone in need. The possibilities are endless.

1 comment:

  1. Because of the demand, new ugg boots will most likely be sold in their appropriate price. Some would know that ugg aren’t the cheapest footwear in town. During the buying season, you should expect to pay more than a hundred dollars for a pair of new uggs . If so, then what are those they sell online? Many pair of UGG Australia that are being sold in auction ugg classic mini boots sites may be second hand. This is the perfect time for sellers to auction off their pairs because frustrated ugg mini boots enthusiasts would definitely turn to auction sites if they can’t find what they want on regular sites. Prices for discounted ugg mini in auctions may still be higher than normal because of the season but they should definitely fall below new prices because they have already been used.

    ReplyDelete