Friday, June 25, 2010

Jimmy Wayne Concert - by Monica



I may be able to meet Jimmy Wayne tonight...which I'm really excited about. I've been e-mailing Amy Rathburg, who works with Jimmy, back and forth over the last couple months. She has to be one of the nicest people I know, and she's going to be in town for his concert tonight! I am beyond excited to finally meet her, and I'm really hoping to be able to interview my first famous person (I'm moving up in the world haha).

Anyway, sorry for that little burst of excitement I had to share with everyone! But, the main part of this blog entry is to announce Jimmy's concert tonight. He will be performing at Toby Keith Bar and Grill at Great Lakes Crossing in Auburn Hills tonight at 9 p.m. Doors open at 7:30 (so I would advise getting there early if you want to go or you'll have to stand). You can buy your tickets at the service desk of your local Meijer (tickets are only $13).

I never thought I would like country music, but Jimmy Wayne made the impossible happen, and that in itself is pretty amazing. And not only is he an amazing singer, but he's an amazing person too. He is touring to raise awareness for his project Meet Me Halfway, which I have written about previously. You can learn about his project to raise awareness of the homeless here: Meet Me Halfway.

If you can't attend the concert, I would at least encourage you to donate money to his project by texting FOSTER to 85944.





Side note: I know this isn't happy news, but Amy's aunt died and her doggie is getting tested for cancer, so if everyone could please pray for her, I would really appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. Fake Handbags also have zip lock bags for many purposes, including storage of Fake Handbag diapers if convenient disposal is impossible.

    ReplyDelete