Friday, October 15, 2010

Thirty-three Chilean miners rescued! - by Monica



Imagine being trapped underground, no clothes but the clothes on your back, no bathrooms, no showers and hardly any room to move around, with 32 other people for a little over two months. I personally wouldn't want to be trapped anywhere for two months, let alone underground with the constant possibility that the earth above you may cave in at any moment. I would just assume I was a goner.

But these 33 men were not goners, which was a miracle in itself, and the video above, watching the men emerge from the ground, gave me chills. As many of you have probably heard, due to all the coverage in the news, 33 miners in Chile were trapped in a mine for 69 days. And Wednesday, all 33 of them were rescued.

Coming up from the ground, seeing the sunlight for the first time in 69 days, would definitely make you stop taking things for granted, that's for sure. These men had so much strength and so much hope. I would personally be sitting in a corner, panicking, if this happened to me. But, no, they remained positive, which I think is the reason why they survived. They didn't give up hope.

Read original article by Associated Press on Oakland Press' website.

No comments:

Post a Comment