Friday, April 9, 2010

You've Got It, Dude - by Monica



Read the original article at The Oakland Press or IRISH Magazine

When I was little, “Full House” was, hands down, my favorite show. Sure, now looking back, the show was a little bit cheesy, but it was a show my family and I could watch together. I feel like shows families can watch together are, today, in short supply. Television shows consist of either a) something you would never in a million years allow your child to watch or b) a TV show you would let your child watch but, when you watch it with them, you can feel your brain turn to Jell-o. “Full House” was a show with plenty of “Awww” moments, the kind of show that actually taught morals to those who watched it. I can tell you now that when I have kids someday (a long ways away, I might add), I will be stocking up on kids shows I watched when I was young.

Did you ever notice that Dave Coulier, who played Joey on Full House, would occasionally dress in a Red Wings jersey? That’s because he’s from Michigan. He actually graduated from the same school my best friend’s dad went to – Notre Dame Harper Woods. This school was also the predecessor to my alma mater, Pontiac Notre Dame Preparatory. Yes, stars are born out of Michigan too.

Coulier recently visited my alma mater and spoke to the student body (I wish he would have come about four years earlier when I still attended). And in the Oakland Press today, I saw a picture of Coulier with the principal and president of NDP along with Father Strasz, my mortality teacher who was infamous for comparing STDs to various food groups with the intent of grossing us out.

Coulier can now be seen as a part of Nick at Nite and ABC Family Network lineups. You can watch reruns of “Full House” on ABC Family at 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. on weekdays. This is a great way to spend some family time together.

1 comment:

  1. The bezel of the replica watches is worth special attention as it incorporates the signature "Griffes" or claws inherited from the original models and initially developed not for the sake of striking aesthetics but to provide replica watch with proper water-resistance. The refined claws are now broader and show a more rounded profile. As for the dials of the new Replica IWC Watches , they have been conceived in a variety of colors - silver, black, champagne, mother of pearl, and chocolate brown. The 2009 fake watches are animated by a variety of movements depending on the size of the model. The fake watch boast 100-meter water resistance.

    ReplyDelete